Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Applied for a Beauty Job at Sears

Below is my note to Sears, where I applied for the position of "Cosmetics - Retail Sales (Beauty Advisor) for Elizabeth Arden." Just try and imagine me in that position for a few seconds without laughing your ass off.

- - - - - - -

Appearance-wise, I'm really just an average guy, and apart from getting expensive plastic surgery that I can't afford, there's nothing I can do about it.

But my average looks are just one reason why you should hire me. Average is average; average is common, and average will appeal to the highest number of people. Because, let's face it (no pun intended) most people are average looking- that's why it's the average.

Where I'm not average is my salesmanship, energy, enthusiasm, and creativity. If you hire me for this job, not only will I use my extremely good interpersonal skills to the fullest effect, but I will never stop trying to improve and learn. I have a strong desire to amass knowledge and experience, and an ambition to do well at everything I set my mind to- and believe me, I've set my mind to this.

Hire me, and I won't disappoint.

My resume is attached. Please call or e-mail me with any questions (or if you would like to schedule an interview!)

Thanks for reading,
Alex


- - - - - - -


Why do I not have a job again?

No comments:

Post a Comment